New housing in Ormiston continues to boom , with the increased area of sub-divisable land being released struggling to cope with demand.
This is having the effect of pushing up prices, with section prices now fetching over $600,000.
It appears that new homes in the area are now selling for between $1,000,000 and $1,300,000, which is a $200,000 increase compared to 12 months ago.
The Ormiston Town Centre is getting ready to get underway, with the first stage, the construction of the new Pak N Save supermarket and adjoining shops due for completion by Christmas.
The development company, Todd Properties is working with the Auckland Council to finalize the construction of the new Library and Community Centre which is due for completion by the end of 2016. The Ormiston Town Centre itself will be built in stages with a completion date estimated to be 2021.
- Modern contemporary architectural design
- 30,000sqm of retail space
- Two supermarkets, a discount department store, speciality retailers and cinema complex amongst others
- A diverse high quality, food and beverage offering
- Business opportunities
- Transport links plus 2,500 car parks, approximately 1,200 of which are specifically for retail and civic facilities
Click here to view the proposed plans for the town centre.
Construction of the proposed junior or middle college on the same site as Ormiston Primary School for a years 7-10 is about to get under way, with excavations taking place.
Ormiston will eventually become the home to 40,000 new residents by 2040.